Yukon: The Rolwaling
An Alpine Expedition Pack
We like this custom backpack for winter mountaineering use for several reasons.
1. Its high volume at 80 liters is perfect for stuffing bulky winter clothes, sleeping bags and tents.
2. The contoured, well cushioned and adjustable shoulder straps and waist belt are very comfortable. This, along with an adjustable pivotable frame sheet helps carry the heavy loads.
3. Large base pouches on each side of the pack allow for the easy stowing of ground pads, tents, snow pickets and ski poles
4. The back of the pack has enough bar tacked webbing in all the right places to attach climbing tools, shovel, crampons… It has gear loops for biners, ice screws, etc. allowing one to wear a streamlined harness underneath the hipbelt in comfort.
5. Draw cords to access top of pack can be opened and closed with heavy mitts avoiding frozen fingers.
6. Bomber construction. Its tow loops have strong stitching to pull the 100+ lbs sleds we'll have.
Thanks Granite Gear!